Help and resilience

Haverthwaite surgery

Do you use Facebook? The surgery at Haverthwaite have joined Facebook to help share news from the practice.

Weather warning

Keep up-to-date with the weather warnings at

Storm Arwen recovery and payments for loss of power

Did you know you might be able to claim for any loss of power? Read this document to find out more about recovery and claiming.

Cumbria Local Resilience Forum

Advice from Cumbria Local Resilience Forum partners who are preparing for the bad weather, and you can help by getting prepared too. For example:

  • Avoid travelling during the windiest periods when conditions could be really poor, and there is a risk of trees falling.
  • Stay off the hills and off the water
  • Be prepared for a power cut – check you’ve got batteries for torches and radios, some food that doesn’t need cooking
  • If you do experience issues like a loss of power or communications, please check on your neighbours and help them if necessary – the response within communities is essential, and almost always the quickest support that people will get.

How to report any issues or if you need help for yourself or someone vulnerable


Electricity North West on 105, but please only call if your query is urgent to help prioritise customers in the most vulnerable circumstances.

For more information, please visit For further updates on power cuts, you can visit or you can follow Electricity North West on Twitter or Facebook.


For water supply issues contact United Utilities on 0345 672 3723.


Contact or call 101 if you have concerns about your own safety and well-being, or the safety and well-being of someone you know. If there is an immediate risk to life call 999.


If you wish to report a problem on the county’s roads, please report online via the County Council website: Highways | Cumbria County Council

For latest traffic and roads information visit 

Adult Social Care

If you are open to Cumbria County Council’s Adult Social Care, have care and support needs and these needs cannot be met due to the power outage, please contact Adult Social Care on 0300 303 3589.